Conservation Areas

If you are considering tree work in your garden then it is best to check whether or not your property is located within a Conservation Area.  If it is, then you will be required to submit a planning application to your local council’s Planning department.  This also applies if your tree is subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).  It is always worth checking first as pruning or felling/dismantling a tree without prior permission from the council can result in a fine for both the owner of the tree and the tree surgeon.  A simple call or email to the Planning department of your council and basic details proffered such as your address and/or the species of tree is all that is required.  The council will then notify you as to the status of your area or tree.  If you are fortunate to live within a Conservation Area or own a tree with a TPO then we can take care of the application on your behalf.  We have carried out many jobs within Lambeth, Southwark, Wandsworth, Bromley, Croydon, and Tower Hamlets within Conservation Areas and worked on trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order.  In Lambeth, where the majority of our work is undertaken, we are recommended by the Lambeth Planning Department as one of their recommended tree surgery companies for carrying out all types of tree work.